Bill Maher ends his show with a rant about Big Pharma, astutely observing, “If you believe you need all the pills and drugs the pharmaceutical industry says you do — then you’re already on drugs.” Watch this “YouTube” video clip.http://www.youtube.com/v/rHXXTCc-IVg&rel=1
How Congress “Works” http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/26b0d09397
A TEST FOR OLD KIDS
The answers are printed below, but don’t cheat.
1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don’t know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?________________.
2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we watched them on The ______ Show.
3. “Get your kicks, ___________________.”
4. “The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed________________.”
5. “In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.”
6. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we “danced” under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the “_____________.”
7. “N_E_S_T_L_E_S”, Nestle’s makes the very best _______________.”
8. Satchmo was America ‘s “Ambassador of Goodwill.” Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.
9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.
10. Red Skelton’s hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, “Good Night, and “________ ________”.
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______________.
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW . What other names did it go by? ____________ & _______________.
13. In 1971 Don MacLean sang about, “the day the music died.”This was a tribute to __________
14. The first satellite, placed into orbit by the Russians, was called ___________________.
15. A big fad of the 50’s and 60’s was a plastic ring we twirled around our waist called the ______
1. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
2. The Ed Sullivan Show
3. On Route 66
4. To protect the innocent.
5. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
6. The limbo
8. Louis Armstrong
9. The Timex watch
10. Freddy, The Freeloader,and “Good Night,and may God Bless.”
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned.)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly